This is where our seats were the first game. Since my dad is a gimp (he recently had surgery to repair his acl) we were able to move to the handicapped seats. It was nice because there was a lot of room and we could spread out a bit more and not be crammed into the middle of a row. The game was okay, BYU won, but they didn't play extremely well. They made it through though, so that's what counts. We then watched the Gonzaga vs St. Johns game next and we were a bit scared. Gonzaga pounded St. Johns. They were big, played physical, and shot really well from the outside.We knew that we would have to play them next and pretty much just hoped that BYU would show up.
This was the view from the next game on Saturday. Like I said we played Gonzaga and it was awesome! The atmosphere at the Pepsi Center was crazy, and BYU came out and played really well. They shot really well, defended great, and ended up pretty much dominating Gonzaga. I couldn't believe it but we won by over 20 points. The best part was that towards the end people started leaving so we were able to get up really close to watch the end of the game.
This was the view from those seats. Also, it was right next to where the tunnel was that the team had to exit through in order to go to the locker room. So we were able to get right next to it and see them all as they went through.
Like I said, these were taken with my phone so they're not the greatest, but this was my favorite one. This was when Jimmer and Emery met up with Coach Rose in the tunnel and they all hugged. It was pretty cool being right there for this. So pretty much regardless of what happens now being able to go to this game and be apart of it all made this whole tournament for me. I've been on a high all weekend and that'll probably continue on throughout the week. They next play Florida in the Sweet 16 and I think they have a good chance. I have them in my bracket as making the Final Four which might not be too far of a stretch. But as for now I'm just going to savor these past wins and enjoy myself this week. All in all, it's a pretty good way to head off to Mexico!



2 comments:
Looks like you got a pretty close view. So much fun. I hope BYU dominates!
Travis:
well I am feeling pretty blue right now after suffering 2 loses in one nite. I thought BYU could pull it off and I SURE did not expect Duke to fall apart. Good Luck with NC
Post a Comment