Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yes, I know it's January 6th.
And yes, I am just now blogging about Christmas.
But better late than never!

As per tradition, all of us kids (Me, Travis, Ash, Tori, and Lawson) slept in the same room on Christmas Eve.
I gave Ash and Tori the option to opt out this year because Lawson might be too noisy for them but they were troopers!

For the first time ever, our parents had to actually come and wake us up rather than us waking them up.
They came in around 745 and the only one who woke up right away and was happy to be awake was Lawson.
Eventually we all made our way up stairs to lots and lots of presents!

As mentioned earlier, Travis and I got a really nice camera.
I'm so excited to have a camera that's so nice!
Hopefully it will inspire me to actually take pictures...

It has a 200 page users manual that I'm slowly but surely making my way through.
I want to make sure to take advantage of all the bells and whistles it has!

Lawson wasn't quite sure what was going on.
It was pretty cute watching him play with his new toys and loving the wrapping paper.

We had a great day with family, lots of food and having tons of fun with all our new presents.

Here's a few pictures we took with our new camera:




 Gotta love the reindeer butt!
So cute!

 Lawson opening his first Christmas present!

 Personally, this was my favorite present that Lawson got...
Lets go Jazz!

 His new teddy bear, George.
Appropriately named for his Georgia Bulldog outfit!

Still loving his Bumbo!
Now we have the tray to accompany it.

My first attempt at crafting...sorta.
I made this for my grandma.
I got all the supplies and put it all together by myself.
I was pretty pleased with it.
Not too bad for a beginner, eh?

Late Christmas night my cousin Danielle from Georgia flew in to visit for a week.
We had a ton of fun shopping, hanging out, and catching up.
She absolutely loved Lawson (who wouldn't?) and is already really missing him.
Don't worry, we'll be out to Georgia for a visit this summer!

The rest of the holiday break was spent just chillin with the family and enjoying our time together before Lawson and I headed out to Colorado.

I'm so grateful for the Christmas season and for the time I had to share with my family and those I love.
I'm so sad to say goodbye to the most wonderful time of the year...
I can't wait till next year!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Katelyn you're hair looks great! So cute, I love it!

Amanda and Chase England said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! And isn't it fun having a little tyke to shop for?

Unknown said...

favorite Christmas present for Lawson is George. Looks good least its not Carolina.hahhaha Aunt Sissy