Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend with Uncle Ashton

So my younger brother Ashton came down for the weekend to visit.
We had a lot of fun and Ashton was able to rub it in to the rest of my family that he got to spend the whole weekend with Lawson.
(It's ok, we know that everyone uses us for Lawson now. I would too...)

We spent Friday night playing  A LOT of this:


Along with introducing Ash to the greatness of this:

(We played 3 times and ended up losing twice...our overall record is 4-7 now but we still love it!)

 Saturday we all slept in really late, including Lawson, until about 10:30 (that hasn't happened in a while!) and then decided to check this out:

We even took Lawson with us.
It was pretty hilarious to watch his amazement at the movie screen.
He was entertained by it for a whole 10 minutes.
Then he totally sacked out for the rest of the movie.
Surprise, surprise...
(Loved the movie by the way! Very cute.)
We went in the middle of the day along with all these other families and their little kids. It felt good to be officially initiated into the world of family activites!

Later on Travis and Ashton went here:


 All the while Lawson and I snuggled up and watched this:

Travis refuses to watch this movie with me so I took advantage of him being gone for a few hours to watch it for the first time in who knows how long. 
When they got home I told Travis that Lawson really enjoyed it and I was able to teach him about the finer things in life.
Travis immediately took him and started telling him how real men love sports and other manly things and definitely DO NOT like Pride & Prejudice or Mr. Darcy...
I think P&P will be a lot more fun to watch with a little girl one day.

Finally, Travis and Ashton set up this game:

 I (thankfully) did not participate.
It took them almost 24 hours for someone to win.
Once, right after Travis and I were married he somehow convinced me to play this game with him.
I lasted for almost a half a turn before quitting.
Lets just say I'm not a big fan of this game.

We ended our weekend watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional together.
I love this time of year!

So thanks for a fun filled weekend Ash.
We're glad we could have some down time to play before the dreaded finals hit...

No comments: