When we got married we made a deal with both of our families.
Andersons always get Thanksgiving and Bouvangs always get Christmas.
It made everyone very happy because Thanksgiving is huge for the Andersons and Christmas in huge for the Bouvangs.
Therefore, everyone wins.
This year it worked out really nice because Travis had his CU interview the Saturday before Thanksgiving so we were able to have an extended visit...9 days woohoo!
However, we found out that longs car rides with a baby=blah.
Poor Lawson didn't like his car seat much before this trip and he definitely does not like it at all now.
But we all survived well enough and were very grateful to make it through all the snow storms safe and sound.
So on to the Anderson Thanksgiving festivities...
The day started off with the famous Anderson Turkey Bowl.
Lawson and I were the best cheerleaders!
Lawson had a lot of fun cheering on his daddy
(Not really...he actually slept through the whole thing while bundled up in about three blankets. Figures...)
Almost the entire extended family was able to make it from all over to join the Broomfield crowd:
Provo, Rexburg, Payson, Wyoming, Manassa.
(Minus our 2 missionaries in Brazil and Paraguay)
We had a total of about 55 people I believe!
Therefore, we had a TON of food and even more pie.
But nothing makes for a better Thanksgiving than a ton of food!
I swear my mother-in-law and all the aunts were cooking for 3 days straight before the big day.
But it was much appreciated!
After the big dinner came the famous Anderson Pie Eating Contest!
Everyone was split into age groups and each person was a given a piece of pie when it was their groups turn. The person who could eat the pie fastest without hands won!
Guess who won in our group?!?
I'll give you one clue: it WASN'T Travis!
Yup, that's right.
I totally dominated that pie eating contest and came out on top!
Lawson was pretty proud of his mommy.
Next came hours and hours of game play, dancing, and just chillin together.
Knockout, Rook, Werewolf, Phase 10, Thankful Turkey, Missionary Posters, etc.
I'm sad to say I had to leave the festivities early though to put poor Lawson to bed.
That kid was exhausted!
He was so cute though because his Auntie Boo bought him a Thanksgiving outfit!
(Too bad I'm such a slacker mom and totally forgot the camera! Boo...)
It even had a turkey on the butt.
You can't get much cuter than that!
We all had such a great time visiting and can't wait for the next Anderson Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
We had a great time with you guys in Broomfield! It was fun to see how big Lawson is getting! He is so cute:)
Post a Comment