Monday, November 8, 2010

Ha! I tricked him...

I'm so proud of myself.
I tricked Lawson last night.
And it was so wonderful!

You see, for the first couple weeks of his life Lawson loved to stay up until about 1 or 2 am. Therefore, we have been slowly working our way towards an earlier bed time for quite some time now. This past week we'd finally accomplished having him in his bed sound asleep by 10:59 pm every night.

But not last night.

Nope, Lawson was in bed sound asleep by 9:59 pm.

I have Daylight Savings Time to thank for this because to Lawson it was still 10:59 NOT 9:59...
I was so proud of myself for thinking of this oh so clever idea.
 
So within one night we were able to shave another full hour off of Lawson's bed time.
And boy was it nice to have almost a full two hours to ourselves before we headed off to bed.

And guess what the even better news is?!
I figured Lawson would start waking up an hour earlier because of the time change but NO!
He still sleeps until about 8 am each morning. 
:)

I love my kid!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chase England said...

Don't you love fall daylight savings time? It almost makes up for losing an hour int he spring:)