Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Holy cow, where does all the time go?! I never seem to have much time to do anything anymore it seems like much less blog...but here's a quick update about Lawson!

We had Lawson's two week checkup this past week and things are looking good for our little guy! He's in the 99th percentile for height and the 93rd percentile for weight so we have a monster of a kid! We're so proud of him :) He's already grown more than 3 inches since he was born and gained almost 2 pounds. What a little porker! But hopefully we have a future basketball or football player on our hands :)

He's gotten to where he can focus on things a lot more especially faces. He'll go cross eyed sometimes when he's trying to focus on a face. So cute! Plus he's gotten to where he smiles quite often. My favorite was when he let out one of the loudest and juiciest little farts a baby could possibly manage and then busted out this huge smile almost immediately after. I laughed pretty hard and long for that one! 

Now that his umbilical cord has fallen off I can put him in the bathtub completely and he loves it! It's fun to kinda sit there and play with him for a while instead of having to give him a super quick rinse because he's screaming at the top of his lungs from being so cold. He still hates falling a sleep on his back but we're finally getting him to go to bed at a somewhat more decent hour instead of 2 am every night. 

I've been up in Kaysville for the last 3 days because Travis has been in Texas for a medical school interview and let's just say that this is one spoiled little guy! Pretty much all I've had to do is feed him and then hand him back over to someone else to do everything else because they're all so eager! It's been a pretty nice little vacation for me!

I still can't believe how fast the last 2 1/2 weeks have gone. Everyone always told me about how fast kids grow up and I never really believed them or understood what they meant. But I do now! I'm kinda starting to get a handle on all this stuff finally and love being with my baby all day every day.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I'm glad everything is going well! He sure is a cutie. I can totally see you in him. Where in Texas was Travis interviewing? We're in Houston...