This picture pretty much sums up the way I've been feeling for the last 3 days...
IT'S HOT.
Ridiculously and unbearably HOT.
I was warned by many that being pregnant during the summer sucked but did I care??? NOPE. Well I'm definitely caring now.
I was warned that not having air conditioning in our tiny apartment would make me miserable and hate life but did I listen and take the advice to get a small window unit back when they were actually available and affordable??? NOPE. I knew better than they did that I could last through the summer being 7-9 months pregnant just fine without AC.
Boy was I wrong...
I now find myself trying to be as creative as possible to stay as cool as I can in our oven of an apartment. This includes drinking LOTS AND LOTS of really cold water, eating LOTS AND LOTS of frozen otter pops, always having our itty, bitty, tiny little fan focused right on me constantly, wearing the lightest and thinnest and least constricting clothes I can possibly find, and taking multiple COLD SHOWERS (yes, I said cold showers...) throughout the morning, afternoon, evening and night.
I also take any opportunity I can to get out of the apartment and go somewhere that has AC. For example, Travis asked me this morning if I would like to go see a movie tonight. My response? "YES, YES YES!!! They have AC there!" He just laughed at me.
So moral of the story...don't EVER be pregnant through the entire summer and listen very closely and carefully to those who have endured through this pain and agony before.
But you know what??? Even though this little guy is putting me through some intense misery right now, I love him more than I ever thought was possible.

2 comments:
He will be worth it Sis! I don't think I will say anything other than that :)
Remember to listen to your parents they are old but wise!!!!!!! Find a swimming pool. Love Ya Sissy
Post a Comment