So we officially start, here and now, our baby blog. The only reason I know about that is because Katelyn would always comment about people's blogs she reads being "baby blogs" and now that we're at that point, I'm pretty sure we'll be right there along with everyone else.
Well, after a long, difficultly contested voting session, the results came back in favor of a girl. So the question on everyone's minds is, is the majority correct? We went to the doctor's at noon today and had our ultrasound done. The technician started out doing all the necessary things, measuring the head, finding the kidneys, recording the heart beating, and then asked us if we wanted to find out what it is. Katelyn responded very quickly and adamantly yes (myself it wasn't as big of a deal but to Katelyn there was absolutely no question!) and the tech started searching. At first, the tech couldn't really see too clearly, just because the cord was wrapped in between it's legs. But after a little bit, things cleared up and we now no longer have to call it an "it".
It's a boy!!!! If you can't tell, this picture shows fairly obviously that it is a boy. Pretty much imagine a little boy mooning us, or better yet a butt-naked boy pushing his cheeks up against a window (I have had experience with that sort of thing...). I saw this though and thought that this little guy is such a stud! He has no fears whatsoever to show the world what he is. It's awesome! Here are the other pictures-
This is him flexing, showing off his muscles. His head is towards the right of the screen and you can see his shoulder coming back, then his arm and hand.
Here's a profile shot. We had to laugh because he almost always had a hand up next to his mouth. I was a thumb-sucker growing up so who knows, maybe this little guy will end up as one too.
Another profile, what a stud.
Here's his little footprint. I personally can't wait until I can actually feel him moving around. So yeah, he's pretty much the coolest little guy ever, but I must say I'm a bit biased. He was moving around a ton during the whole thing, flipping over, moving his arms and legs. It's pretty cool! Now I'm all excited to think about teaching this little munchkin how to play sports, go camping, fishing, roll around in the mud, you know...all the important stuff. Too bad we still have to wait 4 more months! The only good thing is that we now get to have a decent amount of time to think up a name. We jinxed ourselves and had a girls name picked out but no boy name. So we'll have to work on that one.
Katelyn was happy to find out that yes, there are lots of cute boy things for her to buy. After the appointment we went shopping for stuff with my mom and her mom. Do you think they got a little excited?
I personally was most impressed at the quality of strollers they had. They had huge wheels and shocks! So I'm probably going to have to take this kid out on some trails and see how much of a beating those things can take. Anyways, we felt really excited and blessed to have such a stud to look forward to. Everything looked healthy and he seems like an active little guy. Now we just get to play the waiting game till the real fun begins!





1 comment:
Hey, we are just beginning the shopping! Lori and I are both kind of glad it is a beautiful little boy. I think it will still be fun to shop, but a little less painful in the money department :) Travis was on top of the world. It was fun to see him like that. I am so proud of both of them and can't wait for them to feel the love we do as we hold our children close to us. There is nothing in the world like the love a parent has for their child.
Post a Comment