Sunday, December 6, 2009

Football action

Alright so I'm a little behind on the times but I figured I had to put something on here about the most recent big thing for us. Katelyn and I came back a little early from the Thanksgiving vacation to go to the BYU vs Utah football game. I hadn't been able to actually attend one of those yet so I wanted to make sure that I at least got to go to one before my whole BYU adventure ended.
  
Anyways, so it was a pretty crazy game. BYU's D did really well but except for the 2nd quarter their offense really didn't do too much. We should've been able to put them away, but Utah was able to come back and put it into overtime. So we were sitting in the north endzone and thankfully that endzone was the one that got selected for overtime. Anyways, so Utah was able to do what it does best...which is kick field goals...and we had our chance to win the whole thing. Needless to say I was pretty excited for the opportunity to shut up all the "classless" Utahrd fans around us. Also, I was poised, ready to rush the field the second we scored a touchdown. Well, to make a long story short Utah decided that they would forget how to tackle like real men and let BYU score on the 2nd pass. It was sweet. So I booked it down the stands and jumped onto the field. It was crazy! Katelyn originally wasn't going to come down, but even she got all caught up in the excitement and came rushing down.


Another side note...I had been waiting my whole life to rush the field after a huge game like this. In high school I had gone to 5 state championships (watching) and was totally ready to rush the field/court/whatever...and we got 2nd place in all of them...so no rushing the field for me. Then I went to Holland and played in all the sports so it wasn't the same because I was already on the court. Anyways, so this was awesome because not only did BYU smack Utah in the mouth, but I also got to rush the field after a way sweet game! It was amazing. And for all the Utah fans that complained about Max Hall's comments...quit whining you all know he was right. The only problem was he said "all" utahrd fans instead of "99.9%" of them. So yeah, it was great.


This is a view from the field after the game. It was incredible!


Final score of the game, what a great night!

No comments: