Then we drove up into Beverly Hills and looked at all of the RIDICULOUSLY HUGE AND EXPENSIVE homes up there...no words could describe those houses and area! It would be cool to live in one for maybe a week or so and get totally pampered and waited on hand and foot while gazing out over Hollywood from your living room haha! Travis wasn't that impressed but I thought it was cool...So after spending the afternoon and evening in Hollywood with Greg we finally made our way over to Anaheim. We got a pretty sweet deal with Getawaytoday.com (highly recommend them-cheap and easy and pretty much great vacation packages!) so we got to stay in a brand new Sheraton Hotel right down the street from Disneyland plus we got our third night for free! Our hotel room was so nice and huge! The original list price for a one night stay for 2 adults was $499! We got it for about $70 so we we're pretty much lovin' life!
So Friday morning we got up pretty early again and made our way over to the happiest place on earth! Here we are right after entering the park in front of Mickey Mouse. Look at me looking all "touristy" with my little lanyard and pouch haha...
We got 2-day Park Hopper passes so we spent the entire first day in Disneyland. It was kinda busy but not unbearably busy which was good for the middle of June on a weekend. We started by getting some fast passes for the bigger rides and then we went to a bunch of the other rides. Here I am in front of my all time favorite ride Splash Mountain! It actually took me all the way until I was 13 years old after multiple trips to Disneyland before to work up the courage to finally ride this for the first time but ever since then Splash and I have been pretty tight.
Here's Captain Jack Sparrow! They've redone the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and added Jack to it which makes it even better now! But they totally stiffed Will and Elizabeth! They're nowhere to be seen...sad day!
Here's Travis attempting to pull the sword out of the stone...he failed.
So here I am with the best ride of all time, Dumbo! I remember the first time that I ever rode this was when I was like 2 or something so of course I had to wald down memory lane! I made Travis wait for 30 minutes in line with a bunch of little kids to ride this ride...but I let him control how high we flewin return so he wasn't complaining too much :)
Here we are in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle! I want to be a princess...
Here we are on Astro Blasters trying to shoot as many Zerg targets as we can and beat the other. Our scores are wrong though...the one above Travis' head is suppose to be above MY head. Yeah, I totally kicked his trash :)

So overall, the first day in Disneyland was pretty great! We got to ride almost every single ride in the park except a few little kid ones because the lines were a little to long for us. We stayed all the way until midnight so we were pretty wiped out by that point! But we had a good night's rest and then started the next day at California Adventure! I love California Adventure because it had some more "big kid" rides for us. Here we are on Tower of Terror. (We're cheap and just took a picture of the picture they took...whoops!) We rode this one a couple of times but the last time someone puked...not fun...
Here I am with two of my favorite Disney characters, Mater and Lightning McQueen! My favorite Pixar movie by the way so I was pretty stoked to get to meet them finally!
Here we are just outside the park where they spell CALIFORNIA in these huge letters...Yay for having the last name Anderson now!
After we left California Adventure we headed over to Disneyland one last time to ride a few rides again. We only stayed until about 10:30 this time because we were DEAD! But I made Travis ride one more ride with me right before we left...Splash Mountain! I guess Travis has this aversion to getting wet or something because he wasn't too thrilled about this ride especially at 10:30 pm. But I promised him we could sit in the back and he wouldn't get wet at all. Well, I lied. We got put in the front two seats and us "getting wet" is an understatement. We got SOAKED!! But I loved it :)
Our final day in California we stopped by the beach for a little while. No California trip is complete without the beach! We were only able to stay for a little bit but it was so pretty and perfect weather! I love California!! And I love Disneyland! :) I can't wait to go with our kids some day!
4 comments:
TOO MUCH FUN!!! I'm super jealous! I can't wait to go to Disneyland again!! I'm glad to see you lovin life and living it to its fullest! Miss ya!! Love ya! Keep having fun!! :)
It sounds like you had a blast. I am glad you enjoyed everything. I love this last picture. Maybe next year we will have to get a condo on the beach close to DL and take our whole family. Love ya Mom
Have a freakin baby already. Don't you understand that the amount of people reading your blog will increase atleast 500%? people love reading about pregger peeps and babies, get with the program.
This looks like so much fun. Jeff and I are going in a few weeks. I am so excited!
Post a Comment