Sunday, May 31, 2009

Travis tries the whole blog thing

So, Katelyn is usually the one who does this thing, but right now she's trying to study and I need something to do so I don't keep bugging her. So here it is, Travis is blogging...

Yesterday (Saturday) was a pretty fun day. The weather has been pretty nice here in Provo so we finally decided to enjoy it. Katelyn and I have set some goals for the summer and one of those is to hike Mt Timp, so we're working up to that and started out by hiking the Y. The beginning of the hike



I had not hiked it since before my mission so I figured it was about time anyways. It's not too long of a hike, just about 2 miles round trip, but there is a pretty big change in elevation which makes it pretty decent. The best part (at least for me) was that everything was green so it was really nice. These are the only couple months where things are actually green in Utah so we have to take advantage of it while we can.
The view from the top


So yeah, we made it up to the Y with only one major puking scare...no names will be mentioned in order to protect the innocent...and got a good view of the valley. All in all it was a lot of fun.

Us on the actual Y


Afterwards we decided to make it the real BYU experience and went to the BYU creamery for some ice cream. It was nice to be able to get outside and have some fun. Our butts are a little sore but now we're one step closer to Timp!Raspberry and Cream Cheese for me!


2 comments:

Mami said...

Wow I am really impressed with your talents Travis. You should do this more often. I am glad you had fun. Next time, give me a call and I will beat you to the top! :)

Lori A said...

Travis, I'm glad you can blog too! It's been really fun to read your blogs and it helps me get to know Katelyn even better. She writes fun entries. So do you! Keep it up both of you. It's fun to see your pictures and hear what's going on! Makes me think I should start a blog, but somehow my life just doesn't seem as interesting as yours! I never did hike up to the Y! But I did hike to Timp within the first weeks I was there. A professor took our class, claimed it was about a 45 min hike. I soon came to find out my teacher was a big fat fibber! I can relate to the throwing up feeling! But it was worth it! You can call me next time, but unlike Becky, I won't beat you to the top!