Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lawson's 2nd Birthday!

*So I've worked on this post several times and am just now getting it finished and published...
What happens to all the time in the day each day?!
I swear time just vanishes each day when you have two kids...
I'm definitely still adjusting to figuring out how to manage my time so hopefully every post doesn't take me a week to work on and get posted!

Lawson had a birthday!
That's right, our little baby boy is now two years old!
The last two years have flown by incredibly fast...

I wanted to make his day really special for him especially since that last 3 weeks pretty much all of my attention has been focused on Raleigh and getting established with her and all.

As soon as he woke up, Travis and I made a big deal about him and kept saying "Happy Birthday!" and he got so excited!
Haha it's so cute seeing him get excited over something!

I decided to let him pick what he wanted to eat and of course he immediately asked for pancakes.
I swear the kid would eat pancakes for every single meal if I would let him...

Here's one pretty excited boy with his yummy pancakes!

And then for lunch I asked what he wanted and of course he asked for "Mac and Cheese!"
Mac and Cheese runs a close second to pancakes for being his favorite meal!

We then went to the library to spend some time there since we haven't been there in several weeks due to me being uber pregnant and miserable and then Raleigh being born.
This boy sure loves the library!

That night we decided to take him to Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate!
I'd never been there before but I remember always wanting to go as a kid so I figured he'd have a fun time!
And boy, was I right!

We could barely contain the kid long enough to eat his pizza before letting him loose on all those games he was dying to get to.

Here's Mommy trying to get a picture with her little boy before letting him run to the games...
You'd think I was torturing him or something by forcing him to stand still long enough to take a picture with me!

He had a ton of fun playing all the games they had there...
Even though he probably didn't really understand how to play the games he still had a blast pounding on all the buttons and watching everything light up and make sounds.

Daddy was a trooper and helped him with all the games.
Even though I think Daddy secretly just wanted to play the games for himself!

I was so fun watching him get so excited over every new game.
Gotta love the life of a two year old!


After spending a good two hours or so playing games we went to cash in his tickets...
He ended up winning 240 tickets!
Not too bad for only being two, eh?

He picked out a slinky and a toy frog to get with his tickets.
However, the slinky was destroyed and became unusable about 10 seconds after giving it to him haha!

Lawson was lucky enough to have his Grandad come to visit him on his birthday!
Lawson sure loves his Grandad and ran him pretty ragged the whole weekend!

Our attempt at a family picture...
Apparently there was something much more interesting for our kids to be looking at in the other direction!

Once we got home Lawson got to open his birthday presents!
He was much better at it this year than he was last year...
The wrapping paper didn't last very long before he tore into it to find his gifts!

His Grandma gave him some new Cars pajamas, a Mater tow truck, and a Lightning McQueen car!
His Mami gave him a Cars camping chair, a Cars backpack, and a Cars sleeping bag to take camping this winter!
Can you tell the kid is slightly obsessed with the movie Cars and Lightning McQueen?!

And then we got him a soccer ball...
Haha gotta love having a kid young enough to not expect a ton of gifts or expensive gifts and we can still get away with only giving him a ball!

Just kidding...
We also got him a little kid trampoline because the kid absolutely loves to jump around and jump on everything.
But we were slacker parents and didn't order it until the day before his birthday and it still hasn't been delivered.
But it should be here any day now!
So it'll be a special late birthday present for him!

So it was a great day for our Lawson.
He had a ton of fun and was completely spoiled!
I'm glad we could have a day where all the attention was focused on him because it's been a long 3 weeks of adjustment for him having a little sister around all the time that seems to take away all of Mommy's attention.
We sure love our little guy!

No comments: