Well, my two boys got back home last night!
It was a great 9 days all by myself but boy am I glad to have those two back!
Here's a quick recap of what my 9 days consisted of:
First, we'll start off with my most productive accomplishments...
I made myself a little tote bag to take to church.
I've been trying to cram all my stuff I need into the diaper bag lately and it just wasn't working.
So here was my solution!
Then I decided to make Lawson the same little tote bag for him to take to the library.
We go to the library once a week to check out some books and a movie for him.
Needless to say, our hands are always full whether we're going or leaving that place!
He loves having his own little bag now and knows it's just for the library.
I was actually quite proud of myself for these bags!
They have different colored fabric for the lining plus a pocket on the inside with divided sections.
I'm slowly but surely learning how to sew!
(Who would've thought?!)
Sadly enough, I'd probably say that these two little projects were by far the most productive thing I did during my 9 days alone.
After these, I'm afraid I spent quite a bit of time not doing very much at all because my time was being completely consumed by this:
And then by this:
Yeah, I may or may not have two new obsessions...
I've always heard good things about both of these shows but I'd never gotten around to watching them or finding anything out about them.
Well thank goodness for Netflix but I was able to watch two full seasons of the Vampire Diaries and the first season of Downton Abbey.
(I told you my time was being completely dominated by these!)
And then thankfully the library had the 2nd season of Downton Abbey available so I'm about finished with that and will be caught up to where it currently is!
I'm still trying to figure out a way to watch the 3rd season of Vampire Diaries without having to actually buy it.
Hopefully Netflix will get it sometime before next season starts so I can get all caught up!
So yeah, that pretty much sums up my 9 days alone.
It might sound pretty pathetic but to me it was the perfect little "vacation" where I had no mother/wife responsibilities and just had lots of "me time"...
But I must admit, I started missing those two boys pretty badly a few days ago so I am mighty glad to have them back home now!
It's funny though because Lawson seemed completely unfazed by the whole "being away from mom for 9 days" thing.
We would Face Time every single day and he was sit still and talk to me for about 1-2 minutes and then he was off playing again like nothing was different!
Haha I'm not sure if that made me happy or sad...
But needless to say, he got pretty spoiled by his Grandmas and Aunt Riss!
Travis said he had an awesome time in Moab with his Dad and all his brothers.
But I told him that he was in charge of blogging about that so stayed tuned...




2 comments:
The bags are adorable!
Good work on the bags-super cute! And thanks SO much for telling me the library has season 2 of Downton Abbey. I've been trying to figure out a way to see it having watched the fist season on Netflix too. I was hoping to initiate a girls lunch while you were on your own but life's been crazy for me the last couple weeks. Sorry! Glad you had some things to keep you busy!
Post a Comment