Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sister Dew

Tonight Travis and I had the opportunity to go to a multistake fireside.
Sister Sheri Dew was the speaker and she was wonderful!

It was so nice to get to hear her speak and be so uplifted by her words.
It was also really nice to have a night out with Travis.
I know a fireside isn't exactly romantic or anything but it's always nice to share something spiritual like a fireside together every once in a while.

Afterward, I decided to be one of those annoying people who totally bombard the speaker and tell her how much I enjoyed her talk. 
Hopefully she didn't mind too much!

Her talk was a great reminder to me that the world is constantly trying to tell us how unimportant family and marriage is and how we need to do everything in our power to not be persuaded by them.
She also reminded me that that my Heavenly Father knows who I am.
She also reminded me of what Jesus Christ's Atonement means to me.
And finally, she reminded me of the importance of personal revelation.

I loved being reminded of these things and learning many new things from Sister Dew.
Yeah, it was a pretty great night!

No comments: