Last Friday night was a special date night for a few different reasons:
#1-Travis and I were able to go the temple together just the two of us for the first time in months...Words can't even describe how wonderful it was to be able to go with Travis to the temple again. We've missed it these past months and it gave us such a rejuvenating feeling to finally be able to go back.
#2-We decided to go to the Bountiful temple so my family could babysit Lawson for us. Now up until I was 18, the Bountiful temple was the only temple I had ever been in to do baptisms for the dead and confirmations. So basically I grew up going to the Bountiful temple quite frequently and I have always wanted to be able to go through the rest of this particular temple. So Friday night I was able to make that become a reality.
#3-I was able to do some work for a family member. Her name is Nanie Adderson Ivie and she's my uncle's grandmother. It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to do temple work for family members. I love the closeness you can feel to the person whose work you are doing. We have several more family names that need work done which is awesome because it gives us even more motivation to get to the temple more often!
I'm so grateful that Travis and I were able to have a special date night like this last Friday. So here's to more date nights like this one in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment